Topics

Weekly SoCal SOTA Meeting!

Mike Molina

Hi everyone,

To kick things off within the group, I wanted to set up a weekly time that we can meet. Our first meeting will be all about making introductions and sharing ideas about the group including possible opportunities for future events, interests, needs, knowledge sharing etc. I'll have a more developed agenda out to everyone before we meet. If there's anything you'd like to talk about during our first meeting, reply back and let me know!

To make scheduling easy, I've created a Doodle that you can use to tell me what times work for you. It's super simple:

  1. Click on this link to access the Doodle.
  2. Enter your name.
  3. Select "Table" or "Calendar" view. There are times in the morning and evening, so make sure to scroll down if you're in calendar view.
  4. Select the times that you'll typically be available to meet on a weekly basis.
The process will take you less than a couple of minutes. Also, if you haven't already please fill out our SoCal SOTA group member survey so we all can have a better sense of interests and experience levels. During our first meeting we'll take a look at the results of the survey.

I think this will be a great way of taking advantage of our time in isolation. Thank you, and looking forward to meeting you all!

- Mike Molina (KN6EZE)

Adam Robles - W6NAL

Done!

--
Thanks,

Adam Robles

Mike Molina

Hi everyone,

Friendly reminder to choose your preferred meeting times today for our first group meeting! Don't worry about the calendar dates you see in the scheduler - just select the times/days that work for you on a recurring basis and I'll schedule our first group meeting accordingly. You'll also want to fill our our group member survey if you haven't already. Thank you!

Mike Molina

All right! The votes are in and it looks like Tues and Wed nights from 9-10pm are best. I'll be sending out a calendar invite through groups.io shortly. Our first meeting will be held Tues April 7, one week from today - I'll start another thread to discuss how the meeting will look.

Thank you!