Topics

SnoVARC's Duvall Bell Repeater to be moved

W7ABD

SnoVARC's Duvall Bell Repeater on 443.250 will be shutdown Saturday 06/15/19 morning.

The repeater, which sits on private property, needs to be moved to accommodate construction commencing at it's current location.

It will be setup temporarily at my QTH until construction is complete at it's former site.

Jim
W7ABD

Tom WA7TBP

Jim:

Do you need some help moving the equipment? I have been out of town and the WiFi was having issues. Couldn't get my e-mails.

Tom, WA7TBP

In a message dated 6/14/2019 08:52:53 Pacific Standard Time, w7abd1@... writes:

SnoVARC's Duvall Bell Repeater on 443.250 will be shutdown Saturday 06/15/19 morning.

The repeater, which sits on private property, needs to be moved to accommodate construction commencing at it's current location.

It will be setup temporarily at my QTH until construction is complete at it's former site.

Jim
W7ABD

W7ABD

Yes Sir, we sure could use the help.

Me and Ralph will be heading up there at 10:00 tomorrow to start the teardown and move of the repeater.

I will have my trailer, ladders and tools.  Mostly we need some extra hands to help move the cabinet and the batteries into the trailer.

Jim
W7ABD

On 06/14/19 19:41, Tom WA7TBP via Groups.Io wrote:
Jim:

Do you need some help moving the equipment? I have been out of town and the WiFi was having issues. Couldn't get my e-mails.

Tom, WA7TBP

In a message dated 6/14/2019 08:52:53 Pacific Standard Time, w7abd1@... writes:

SnoVARC's Duvall Bell Repeater on 443.250 will be shutdown Saturday 06/15/19 morning.

The repeater, which sits on private property, needs to be moved to accommodate construction commencing at it's current location.

It will be setup temporarily at my QTH until construction is complete at it's former site.

Jim
W7ABD

Tom WA7TBP

Jim:

Would an appliance dolly be of any value for this project?

Tom

In a message dated 6/14/2019 19:53:27 Pacific Standard Time, w7abd1@... writes:

[...]

Surface is gravel and dirt, so dolly is not going to work.  Good thought though...

Jim
W7ABD

On 06/14/19 20:21, Tom WA7TBP via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

I will listen for you on the bell repeater. I have never been to the site. Tom

On Friday, June 14, 2019 W7ABD <snovarc@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

The Duvall Bell Repeater was disassembled and successfully moved to my QTH today.

I should have it back on-line in a few days...

Many thanks to Ralph (KC7QXD) and Tom (WA7TBP) for their help in making this project a big success!
Could not have done it without you guys!

Jim
W7ABD

Ken Kosters

Good job team!
Sorry I could not make it with obligations.

Ken W7ECK

On Jun 15, 2019, at 2:44 PM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

The Duvall Bell Repeater was disassembled and successfully moved to my QTH today.

I should have it back on-line in a few days...

Many thanks to Ralph (KC7QXD) and Tom (WA7TBP) for their help in making this project a big success!
Could not have done it without you guys!

Jim
W7ABD

Rowland

That is great.  I was babysitting all day so could not help….sorry.

Since the operation will be somewhat temp at your place Ken do we need to inform WWARA about this move (in your opinion).

Thanks,

Rowland

Sorry I could not make it with obligations.

Ken W7ECK

On Jun 15, 2019, at 2:44 PM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

The Duvall Bell Repeater was disassembled and successfully moved to my QTH today.

I should have it back on-line in a few days...

Many thanks to Ralph (KC7QXD) and Tom (WA7TBP) for their help in making this project a big success!
Could not have done it without you guys!

Jim
W7ABD

W7ABD

The repeater will likely be at my place for at least the next 6 months.  So yes, we should notify WWARA.

Good call Roland!

Who is the club contact for WWARA?

Jim
W7ABD

On 06/16/19 18:13, Rowland wrote:

That is great.  I was babysitting all day so could not help….sorry.

Since the operation will be somewhat temp at your place Ken do we need to inform WWARA about this move (in your opinion).

Thanks,

Rowland

Sorry I could not make it with obligations.

Ken W7ECK

On Jun 15, 2019, at 2:44 PM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

The Duvall Bell Repeater was disassembled and successfully moved to my QTH today.

I should have it back on-line in a few days...

Many thanks to Ralph (KC7QXD) and Tom (WA7TBP) for their help in making this project a big success!
Could not have done it without you guys!

Jim
W7ABD

Dan Pflugrath

Jim,

If you can find someone with the software to generate the repeaters signal strength coverage from  each location it would make it much easier for WWARA to approve the temporary move.

The only repeater I know of that may have a conflict is the one in Shelton.  You could easily check that out by putting their PL tone into you base or mobile station from the temporary location and see if you can get it to respond.   If it does respond it would be an indication that mobile stations in the Shelton area could hear the repeater at your location.  More testing would most likely be required to test for interference.

It is really nice that the new property owners are willing to work with SNOVARC.

73,

Dan KA7GPP

Sorry I could not make it with obligations.

Ken W7ECK

On Jun 15, 2019, at 2:44 PM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

The Duvall Bell Repeater was disassembled and successfully moved to my QTH today.

I should have it back on-line in a few days...

Many thanks to Ralph (KC7QXD) and Tom (WA7TBP) for their help in making this project a big success!
Could not have done it without you guys!

Jim
W7ABD

Sad News For Meghan Markle And Prince Harry
track.volutrk.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5d07be06b7aa23e0511bdst01duc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

In addition to notifying WWARA about the Bell repeater move, we should notify them that the portable repeater will be operating from the Carnation shack.

The cans for the portable repeater are tuned for 441.850+.

That pair is currently listed in the WWARA list as N6TJQ, with that repeater listing having expired in 2014.  So it would be great if we could get that pair allocated to us for portable use.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jun 17, 2019, at 8:28 AM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

[...]

Contact Mark Miller N6TJQ.  He may allow SNOVARC to take over the pair if we make use of it.  He was open to have SNOVARC to use the pair and maybe even provide his repeater.  He was or maybe still is a member of SNOVARC.

73,

Dan KA7GPP

Sorry I could not make it with obligations.

Ken W7ECK

On Jun 15, 2019, at 2:44 PM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

The Duvall Bell Repeater was disassembled and successfully moved to my QTH today.

I should have it back on-line in a few days...

Many thanks to Ralph (KC7QXD) and Tom (WA7TBP) for their help in making this project a big success!
Could not have done it without you guys!

Jim
W7ABD

Sad News For Meghan Markle And Prince Harry
track.volutrk.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5d07d628556c956274b78st04duc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Rowland

I am the trustee so I will do it.

Thanks,

Rowland

Sorry I could not make it with obligations.

Ken W7ECK

On Jun 15, 2019, at 2:44 PM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

The Duvall Bell Repeater was disassembled and successfully moved to my QTH today.

I should have it back on-line in a few days...

Many thanks to Ralph (KC7QXD) and Tom (WA7TBP) for their help in making this project a big success!
Could not have done it without you guys!

Jim
W7ABD

Rowland

Just sent marc an email

Thanks,

Rowland

[...]

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 08:52 AM, W7ABD wrote:

SnoVARC's Duvall Bell Repeater on 443.250 is now back on-line at it's new temporary location.

Jim
W7ABD

Tom WA7TBP

Good job Jim. Thank you for your attention to detail in getting the repeater transferred to your house. So far, it sounds good at my house in Carnation.

Tom