Topics

Revised Membership Application Form

Lindy KG7IFA

As many of you know, at the May meeting someone raised the question as to why we required that liability waiver on the SnoVARC application form.  Many felt it may be a deterrent to some folks wanting to join our organization.  Since it had been there from the beginning of the club, it required a little research to figure out if it was still needed.  Apparently we had no liability insurance for club members prior to 2014.  So that is likely why it was there originally.  Since we began paying for ARRL liability insurance for members of SnoVARC in 2014 (and we also have KC insurance for official events using our mission number), we feel it is no longer necessary to have that liability waiver on our annual application form.  Although we still want to update contact and license information annually, we have revised the form to exclude the waiver (see attached).  So from this point forward, this revised application form will be used.  It will also be posted on Groups.io.

Regards,

Lindy, KG7IFA
Treasurer, SnoVARC

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Thanks for tracking this down, Lindy!

-p

On May 20, 2019, at 1:58 PM, Lindy KG7IFA via Groups.Io <lindyforbarclays@...> wrote:

[...]

<SnoVARC Annual Membership Application - Revised 2019.docx>