Topics

Quiet Yamaha generator $400 at Costco

Robin Amundson

I was hearing a buzz among hams about a deal at Costco on a Yamaha generator, much quieter than a Honda. 48 lbs, portable for a field activation. I have been concerned about my home station power needs in an emergency. Our home generator would not also work for my shack. I bought one, checking off that box for em comm preparedness. Woodinville store still has a pile of them, but not for long.

Aaron K

I have recently been surprised at this price.  They are comparable to honda EU2000i (which is 2x the cost) for the noise rating. Definitely a good deal if you can swing it.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 7:48 PM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
I was hearing a buzz among hams about a deal at Costco on a Yamaha generator, much quieter than a Honda. 48 lbs, portable for a field activation. I have been concerned about my home station power needs in an emergency. Our home generator would not also work for my shack. I bought one, checking off that box for em comm preparedness. Woodinville store still has a pile of them, but not for long.

Shawn / K7ATA

I'm wondering if something like this would be a good deal for the club as a whole. What fuel does it take?

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 8/30/2019 7:48 PM, Robin Amundson wrote:
I was hearing a buzz among hams about a deal at Costco on a Yamaha generator, much quieter than a Honda. 48 lbs, portable for a field activation. I have been concerned about my home station power needs in an emergency. Our home generator would not also work for my shack. I bought one, checking off that box for em comm preparedness. Woodinville store still has a pile of them, but not for long.

Ken Kosters

How much was it?

Ken