Topics

Proposed SNOVARC logo

Tom WA7TBP

Hello all:

Bill Condon brought this logo to a recent meeting. I would like all of you to review it. We will discuss it at our meeting on June 6th, We could vote on making it our official logo if that is the way the discussion goes. Thank you for taking time to review the logo.

Tom, WA7TBP

Mark Kenworthy

I went through this process for my business a couple years ago.  The “MarksV5” is what I came up with, trying to not only represent our business (machine shop) but also the northwest with mountains, trees, and river.  I really liked what I had produced. Then I got schooled on what a logo should really be and worked with an artist come up with the logo that we now use (other attached file).

Logos need to be super simple.  Think about something that is easily embroidered on a baseball cap.  Less is more for logos.

Mark

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom WA7TBP via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:09 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: [snovarc] Proposed SNOVARC logo

Hello all:

Bill Condon brought this logo to a recent meeting. I would like all of you to review it. We will discuss it at our meeting on June 6th, We could vote on making it our official logo if that is the way the discussion goes. Thank you for taking time to review the logo.

Tom, WA7TBP

Irvina Mizell

Totally agree.  Less is more.

Irvina

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> on behalf of Mark Kenworthy <mark@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Proposed SNOVARC logo

I went through this process for my business a couple years ago.  The “MarksV5” is what I came up with, trying to not only represent our business (machine shop) but also the northwest with mountains, trees, and river.  I really liked what I had produced. Then I got schooled on what a logo should really be and worked with an artist come up with the logo that we now use (other attached file).

Logos need to be super simple.  Think about something that is easily embroidered on a baseball cap.  Less is more for logos.

Mark

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom WA7TBP via Groups.Io

Hello all:

Tom, WA7TBP

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

I agree logos should be simpler.  In fact, I would go as far to say they should be line art in most cases.  I have a philosophy website and made a logo for it (attached).  It's vector line art in single color so that in can be resized.

That said, the image above is awesome and there is no reason we can't use it for letterhead, banners, and the brochure mentioned in the other post.  And when we do have a logo decided upon, superimpose it upon that image.

So my thoughts are: keep the image, it's great, but do something simpler for an actual logo like Mark and Irvina suggested.

In case anyone is wondering about the significance of my logo, it refers to Platonism.  "De Philosophia = Concerning Philosophy";  "En To Pan" (the greek letters) = "The One is All" referring to the Neo-Platonist concept about God.  The ouroborus (snake) can refer to lots of things.  In this case it refers to eternity and The One encompassing All.  Finally, the symbol in the middle is the symbol of Saturn, the traditional influence of philosophers and Divine Melancholy (inspired thought).

Rowland

We changed the logo several years ago to the one we have.  It is printed on shirts, websites, FaceBook, business cards, and so on.  Do we really need to change it again??  Just my opinion

Thank You,

Rowland Brasch

Rowland Brasch

K7RWB

SnoValley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC)

www.snovarc.org

SnoVARC Facebook

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 9:09 PM

Hello all:

Tom, WA7TBP

Rowland

This is the two versions we now have.  The mountains one was approved by the club but when we went to order the T shirts I sent them the logo without the mountains.  My screw up.  Take a look and we can talk Thursday.

Thank You,

Rowland Brasch

Rowland Brasch

K7RWB

www.snovarc.org

SnoVARC Facebook

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Kenworthy
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 6:56 AM

Mark

Hello all:

Tom, WA7TBP

Martin Tuip

Too many colors, too complex. Would be very expensive to embroider and print.

My two cents as a marketing guy

Martin

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:09 PM -0700, "Tom WA7TBP via Groups.Io" <tomwa7tbp@...> wrote:

Hello all:

Tom, WA7TBP

Lindy KG7IFA

Personally, I really like the current logo with the mountain outline in the background.  I'm not sure there is a need to make another change at this time.

Lindy, KG7IFA

-----Original Message-----
To: snovarc <snovarc@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Jun 5, 2019 1:42 pm

This is the two versions we now have.  The mountains one was approved by the club but when we went to order the T shirts I sent them the logo without the mountains.  My screw up.  Take a look and we can talk Thursday.

Thank You,

Rowland Brasch

Rowland Brasch
K7RWB

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Kenworthy
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 6:56 AM

Mark

Hello all:

Tom, WA7TBP