Topics

NEED SNOVARC VOLUNTEERS for CARNATION 4th TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT

Lindy KG7IFA

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS:

What: Carnation 4th Traffic Management

Who: CERTs and SnoVARC HAMs

When: July 4th, 6:30 am to 12:30 pm

Where: Meet at St Anthony's Catholic Church, 31911 Blanche St, Carnation

Why:

Carnation-Duvall CERT is looking for volunteers to help manage traffic during the Carnation 4th closure of highway 203 on July 4th.  We assist the general public navigate through the detour route by communicating among each other about large vehicles coming through the detour, and helping these large vehicles make the tight turns. We are also able to help guide people looking for parking or providing other general information.

We need volunteers who are available to be in Carnation between 6:30am and 12:30pm. Completion of the Traffic Management class is preferred but not required; we have positions available to CERTs without the training.

If you are not comfortable running a station by yourself, we are also looking for volunteers who would like to team up with a more experienced CERT or HAM.

After the event there will a BBQ lunch provided at Ben’s house in downtown Carnation a couple blocks from the detour route.

Please RSVP soon so we can properly prepare to assist the community.

How: Register at Eventbrite,

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/carnation-4th-traffic-management-volunteers-tickets-62905471960?aff=AffB

You may also be interested in coming to the next Bi-Monthly meeting:

What: July CDCCC Bi-Monthly Meeting

Who: CERTs, HAMs, and MRCs

When: July 10th at 7PM to 9PM

Where: Station 85, 3600 Tolt Avenue NE Carnation, WA 98014

Why: Bi-Monthly meeting to cover upcoming opportunities and to train on sheltering and incident command.

Ryan - KJ7GIE

I would like to shadow someone; preferably helping with net control as that's my interest. The link above is the CERT sign-up. Are we going to have a separate sign-up for SnoVARC so that SnoVARC can handle the shadowing assignments? I don't want CERT to assign me to something non-radio when my interest is radio. (wow that sounded a bit privileged eek, sorry about that)

OK, clarification. I'm happy to help my community on the 4th in whatever capacity I can but if it is possible to help in a way that keeps me closer to my amateur radio interest I'd prefer that. How do I do that?

Irvina Mizell

Ryan

When you sign up you’ll see a place to contact the organizer. Just make your request there. Ben accommodated my request for a specific street corner.

Irvina

On Jun 7, 2019, at 10:00 AM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <@KJ7GIE> wrote:

I would like to shadow someone; preferably helping with net control as that's my interest. The link above is the CERT sign-up. Are we going to have a separate sign-up for SnoVARC so that SnoVARC can handle the shadowing assignments? I don't want CERT to assign me to something non-radio when my interest is radio. (wow that sounded a bit privileged eek, sorry about that)

OK, clarification. I'm happy to help my community on the 4th in whatever capacity I can but if it is possible to help in a way that keeps me closer to my amateur radio interest I'd prefer that. How do I do that?

Benjamin Thompson

Hi Ryan,

Go ahead and register at the Eventbrite link, and I will note your interested in shadowing/helping net control.  Thanks for volunteering!

-Benjamin Thompson

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 10:09 AM Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:
Ryan

When you sign up you’ll see a place to contact the organizer. Just make your request there. Ben accommodated my request for a specific street corner.

Irvina
> On Jun 7, 2019, at 10:00 AM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:
>
> I would like to shadow someone; preferably helping with net control as that's my interest. The link above is the CERT sign-up. Are we going to have a separate sign-up for SnoVARC so that SnoVARC can handle the shadowing assignments? I don't want CERT to assign me to something non-radio when my interest is radio. (wow that sounded a bit privileged eek, sorry about that)
>
> OK, clarification. I'm happy to help my community on the 4th in whatever capacity I can but if it is possible to help in a way that keeps me closer to my amateur radio interest I'd prefer that. How do I do that?

Ryan - KJ7GIE

Done and done. Thanks everyone.

Benjamin Thompson

Hello again everyone,

We are still in need of a couple volunteers for the Carnation 4th of July event.  The standard time is 6:30 am to about 12:30 pm, but we can actually use a couple extra people between 6:30 and 9 am (or even if you can only come later you can help relive someone).

Please, if your available on Thursday morning, come give us a hand.

Thanks!
-Ben