Topics

DIREWOLF Software

Rowland

A software TNC was talked about briefly at the digital/APRS conference a few weeks ago held at Valley Camp. I have not spent much time reviewing it but sure looks interesting.  Has anyone in the club played with it and had any success?

file:///C:/Users/rowland/Downloads/MHDC2018-WB2OSZ.pdf

http://technocoma.blogspot.com/p/packet-radio-in-modern-age-with-direwolf.html

Thank You,

Rowland

Ryan - KJ7GIE

Looked into it a few months back. Very cool stuff but not in a position where I could do much more than read about it. It's on my list of things to play with when I get time to start playing again.

Shawn / K7ATA

I've played with it, and for the most part it works decently, but needing an external PTT circuit (because VOX on my radios sucks) made it no more convenient than the $15 hardware tnc that I built.

it does work good tho.

--Shawn
--K7ATA