Date   
Tunnel Marathon comms support on 9/15/2019.

Tom WA7TBP
 

SNOVARC  members.

We have a request for operators for a marathon next month in North Bend. I have forwarded the request for you to examine. I was going to help out here, but, I will be helping with the Plain 100 that week-end. This is an excellent opportunity for SNOVARC operators to help out another SNO Valley group with a public service event.

Thanks for considering helping out here.

73,

Tom, WA7TBP


From: mjtnorton@...
To: tomwa7tbp@...
Sent: 8/20/2019 17:34:32 Pacific Standard Time
Subject: Tunnel Marathon comms support on 9/15/2019.

Tom: I am reaching out to you about an opportunity for your ham radio operators to participate with North Bend ARES team (NBAT) in providing communications support to the last of the Light at the End of the Tunnel Marathons. Several of the NBAT team helped out for the August race. This was an excellent opportunity to exercise our radio and organizational skills in a beautiful environment (the John Wayne Trail east of North Bend).

 

Date: September 15, 2019

 

Time: 6: 30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or unless released earlier.

 

Please see https://www.tunnelmarathon.com/ for race information.

 

Sign-up for comms support at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0D45ABA82FA5FC1-north8.

 

Let me know if you have any questions.

 

Sincerely,
Mary Norton
Snoqualmie-North Bend CERT
Snoqualmie Emergency Communication and Support Team
North Bend ARES
KF7FAC

Please Take Action: DOD Broadcast and Listener Survey on WWV and WWVH

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)
 

Takes only a minute and may keep these venerable stations up.

https://swling.com/blog/2019/08/please-take-action-dod-broadcast-and-listener-survey-on-wwv-and-wwvh/



Sent from ProtonMail mobile


Recommended Podcast

Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA
 

One of my favorite Amateur Radio resources is QSO Today Podcast hosted by Eric Guth (4Z1UG/WA6IGR)

https://www.qsotoday.com/

 

Every Week Eric interviews a significant person in amateur radio. In the course of the interview he will often ask the person he is interviewing:

  • ·         How did you get started in Amateur Radio?
  • What was your first radio?
  •  Did it influence your choice of careers or education?
  •  What do you see as the biggest challenge to amateur radio?
  •  What excites you most about amateur radio?

 

Each podcast is just about one hour in length. I love listening to them when I am running errands or driving on a trip. Eric has now done 264 of the weekly podcasts.

 

You can download the podcasts to your phone using any of the normal services (Itunes, Spotify, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, You Tube, Overcast, etc).

 

Listening to these podcasts has certainly increased my understanding and love of amateur radio. I encourage you to give them a try.


Mel
N7GCO

Re: Recommended Podcast

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

Great PodCast and blogsite. Thanks for sharing!
--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

Attn: EmComm Committee

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

EmComm Committee members please check your emails. If for some reason you did not receive my email please message me here.

--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

Re: Attn: EmComm Committee

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

I don’t think I see the email message you’re suggesting I should see.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Aug 26, 2019, at 12:09 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

EmComm Committee members please check your emails. If for some reason you did not receive my email please message me here.

--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

Re: Attn: EmComm Committee

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

Thanks Paul - Email sent....
--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

The Bindlestick in Snoqualmie, September 7, 12:15 p.m.

Robin Amundson
 

Join us Saturday, September 7, approximately 12:15 p.m. on the patio of The Bindlestick (unless it rains) across the street from the train depot in Snoqualmie, https://thebindlestick.weebly.com/index.html. The Big Rock Gathering begins moving around until next summer. This QTH was selected to coincide with the annual Valley Camp summer gathering.https://wa7vc.org/summergathering/2019. Our SnoVARC President, Tom Needham, WA7TBP, will be a presenter. Emergency communicators will find a Saturday morning full of great learning and communion with other hams. Then, come on over to The Bindlestick to enjoy coffee/beer/sandwiches if you are not signed up for lunch at Valley Camp.

CDCCC Looking for Evacuation Drill Volunteers

Benjamin Thompson
 

CDCCC is looking for volunteers for the Carnation Citywide Evacuation Drill. Please register to let us know how you can help us. See the Eventbrite link for more information.
 
Also, the September 11th CDCCC meeting at the fire station in Carnation, at 7PM, will be focused on discussing what we will be doing, and sharing information about this exercise.
 

Re: CDCCC Looking for Evacuation Drill Volunteers

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)
 

For comms should we organize within SNOVARC (i.e., a SNOVARC volunteer list) or just individually volunteer via the form?


Sent from ProtonMail mobile



-------- Original Message --------
On Aug 29, 2019, 10:40 PM, Benjamin Thompson < thompson.benjamin.g@...> wrote:

CDCCC is looking for volunteers for the Carnation Citywide Evacuation Drill. Please register to let us know how you can help us. See the Eventbrite link for more information.
 
Also, the September 11th CDCCC meeting at the fire station in Carnation, at 7PM, will be focused on discussing what we will be doing, and sharing information about this exercise.
 

Re: Attn: EmComm Committee

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

EmComm meeting is set for Wednesday 9/4 at 6p. Location in Duvall TBD. Please message me to RSVP. Thanks!
--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

Re: Attn: EmComm Committee

Rowland
 

How about the Carnation SnoVARC radio shack in city hall 2nd floor?

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 10:14 AM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Attn: EmComm Committee

 

EmComm meeting is set for Wednesday 9/4 at 6p. Location in Duvall TBD. Please message me to RSVP. Thanks!
--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

Re: CDCCC Looking for Evacuation Drill Volunteers

Rowland
 

You should register as an individual.  We will talk about it more at the club meeting this coming Thursday evening.

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW) via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:31 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] CDCCC Looking for Evacuation Drill Volunteers

 

For comms should we organize within SNOVARC (i.e., a SNOVARC volunteer list) or just individually volunteer via the form?


Sent from ProtonMail mobile



-------- Original Message --------
On Aug 29, 2019, 10:40 PM, Benjamin Thompson < thompson.benjamin.g@...> wrote:

 

CDCCC is looking for volunteers for the Carnation Citywide Evacuation Drill. Please register to let us know how you can help us. See the Eventbrite link for more information.

 

Also, the September 11th CDCCC meeting at the fire station in Carnation, at 7PM, will be focused on discussing what we will be doing, and sharing information about this exercise.

 

Re: Attn: EmComm Committee

Ralph Lease
 

I agree. We need to use our space more.

Cheers

Ralph

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 3:46 PM Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

How about the Carnation SnoVARC radio shack in city hall 2nd floor?

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 10:14 AM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Attn: EmComm Committee

 

EmComm meeting is set for Wednesday 9/4 at 6p. Location in Duvall TBD. Please message me to RSVP. Thanks!
--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

Quiet Yamaha generator $400 at Costco

Robin Amundson
 

I was hearing a buzz among hams about a deal at Costco on a Yamaha generator, much quieter than a Honda. 48 lbs, portable for a field activation. I have been concerned about my home station power needs in an emergency. Our home generator would not also work for my shack. I bought one, checking off that box for em comm preparedness. Woodinville store still has a pile of them, but not for long.

Re: Quiet Yamaha generator $400 at Costco

Aaron K
 

I have recently been surprised at this price.  They are comparable to honda EU2000i (which is 2x the cost) for the noise rating. Definitely a good deal if you can swing it.  

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 7:48 PM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
I was hearing a buzz among hams about a deal at Costco on a Yamaha generator, much quieter than a Honda. 48 lbs, portable for a field activation. I have been concerned about my home station power needs in an emergency. Our home generator would not also work for my shack. I bought one, checking off that box for em comm preparedness. Woodinville store still has a pile of them, but not for long.

Re: Quiet Yamaha generator $400 at Costco

Shawn / K7ATA
 

I'm wondering if something like this would be a good deal for the club as a whole. What fuel does it take?


--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 8/30/2019 7:48 PM, Robin Amundson wrote:
I was hearing a buzz among hams about a deal at Costco on a Yamaha generator, much quieter than a Honda. 48 lbs, portable for a field activation. I have been concerned about my home station power needs in an emergency. Our home generator would not also work for my shack. I bought one, checking off that box for em comm preparedness. Woodinville store still has a pile of them, but not for long.

Re: Quiet Yamaha generator $400 at Costco

Ken Kosters
 

How much was it?

Ken

On Aug 30, 2019, at 9:43 PM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:

I'm wondering if something like this would be a good deal for the club as a whole. What fuel does it take?


--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 8/30/2019 7:48 PM, Robin Amundson wrote:
I was hearing a buzz among hams about a deal at Costco on a Yamaha generator, much quieter than a Honda. 48 lbs, portable for a field activation. I have been concerned about my home station power needs in an emergency. Our home generator would not also work for my shack. I bought one, checking off that box for em comm preparedness. Woodinville store still has a pile of them, but not for long.


Re: Attn: EmComm Committee

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

Confirming that the EmComm meeting will take place at the SnoVarc Radio Shack in Carnation at 6p on Wednesday 9/4
--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

Re: Attn: EmComm Committee

Ralph Lease
 

Good! 


On Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 9:09 AM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
Confirming that the EmComm meeting will take place at the SnoVarc Radio Shack in Carnation at 6p on Wednesday 9/4
--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM <-- note new call-sign - replacing --> KJ7HHS
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************