Big Beautiful Big Rock Gathering is ON for Thursday evening: FT8!

Robin Amundson

I will be setting up a station Thursday at 6 p.m. for running FT8 digital mode at Big Rock Ball Fields. If you are new to ham radio, this is a good chance to see and talk about basic components of station setups. See how easy it can be tuning a Tarheel screwdriver antenna mounted on car roof using a simple YouKit analyzer. See band changes in the field at a touch of a button. 40-10. We will focus on 30, 20, 17. Take a look at WSJT-x software for decoding digital mode signals. My components: Elecraft KX3 (15 watt), SignaLink (TNC), ThinkPad with Win10, KXPA100 (power amp to 100 watts driven by about 2-3 watts out of KX3, external speakers, and an assortment of 4 Bioenno batteries, and a whole bunch of wires and connectors. Let's hope there is good propagation with some interesting stations decoded and worked. And if a "problem" is encountered, that is definitely a part of this hobby too! 🤣 Kirt White will be net control for the 7 p.m. Newbie net on 441.825+ (all licensed hams invited) and at 8 p.m. is the traditional SnoVARC net check-in. All hams welcome. Bring yourself a chair and some water. Questions happily answered.
73,
Robin, WA7CPA

Join snovarc@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.