Re: ITU Region 1 wants to kill 2m

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Look, folks, you’ve got to make tinfoil hats out of *tin foil*, not aluminum foil.  Aluminum won’t block the mind control rays!

Of course, it’s hard to find genuine tin foil now, because it’s been displaced in the marketplace by aluminum foil.  And there’s a reason for that.

Obviously, the *ENTIRE REASON THE BONNEVILLE POWER PROJECT* was built was to generate a lot of cheap electric power.  Sure, it irrigated a lot of farm land.  Sure, it controlled flooding.  Sure, the BPA made it so that the mighty Columbia River turned our darkness to dawn.

But every conspiracy enthusiast knows absolutely for sure that the real reason for all that work was to drive down the price of electric power, enabling the cheap smelting of aluminum, so that Americans would stop buying tin foil and instead buy aluminum foil.  And then the government mind control rays would not be defeated by tinfoil hats any more.

Of course, those of you with genuine tin foil hats already know this.  As for the rest of you, well… you’re just proof that aluminum foil doesn’t defeat the mind control rays.

Pro Tip: most antenna analyzers have an easter egg mode where you can connect the analyzer to your tinfoil hat and the analyzer will tell you how effective the hat is against mind control rays.  Obviously you need to make the connection using coax that has fully tinned shielding for this to work.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jul 2, 2019, at 5:31 PM, Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

But the style…..wow!

Thanks,

Rowland 

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW) via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 1:15 PM
To: louis.giliberto@...; snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] ITU Region 1 wants to kill 2m

A couple of MIT guys actually did a study and it increases rf. Makes sense if you realize the hat has the shape of a dish antenna focused at your brain, lol

https://mozai.com/writing/not_mine/aluminium_helmets_research.pdf

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

-------- Original Message --------
On Jul 2, 2019, 11:12 AM, Dale Smith < dale_smith@...> wrote:

You might laugh (or not) but I used to work in RF shielded cages and I would get headaches because stray RF would leak in.  I thought about lining my hat with tin foil bit I'm not sure it would work.  

... But it definitely will stop The Government from using Alien Tech to stop illegally tapping my thoughts!  😝😒😱

Regards,
Dale Smith

------ Original message------
Date: Tue, Jul 2, 2019 10:47 AM
Cc: 
Subject:Re: [snovarc] ITU Region 1 wants to kill 2m

Yup. The best thing we can do is to use that band so they can't claim it's unnecessary for us to have. I try to put my call out on repeaters at least once a day for that reason (easy to do mobile during my commute) 

Related, I'm cynical by nature, and there is an fcc petition to expand tech privileges on HF. I'm actually for giving tech a bit more hf, however when I put on my tinfoil hat I wonder if it's a move to say that we don't need vhf because tech has hf and uhf+ now. 

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

-------- Original Message --------
On Jul 1, 2019, 9:30 PM, Robin Amundson < wa7cpa@...> wrote:

It’s not a money thing. It is a regulatory thing. Executive branch.

On Jul 1, 2019, at 8:40 PM, "dale_smith@..." <dale_smith@...> wrote:

Yes, but Congress holds the purse strings.  It's one of the reasins we should pressure her.

Regards,
Dale Smith

------ Original message------
Date: Mon, Jul 1, 2019 7:35 PM
Cc: 
Subject:Re: [snovarc] ITU Region 1 wants to kill 2m

It is FCC. Your senators don’t make rules or negotiate spectrum with the international body. ARRL is our representative to FCC.

Robin

On Jul 1, 2019, at 7:06 PM, Dale Smith <dale_smith@...> wrote:

2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:"Segoe Script"; panose-1:3 11 5 4 2 0 0 0 0 3;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; text-decoration:underline;} p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0 {mso-style-name:msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} span.EmailStyle19 {mso-style-type:personal-reply; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->
Maybe we should contact Murray and Cantwell …

Regards,
Dale Smith
JK7GHU

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW) via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2019 9:15 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: [snovarc] ITU Region 1 wants to kill 2m

http://www.arrl.org/news/no-strong-opposition-to-144-146-mhz-reallocation-proposal-at-cept-meeting

So, how will this affect Satellite / EME, APRS, etc.?  Not in any good way.

Obligatory alarmist video

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Join snovarc@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.