Pro Tip: most antenna analyzers have an easter egg mode where you can connect the analyzer to your tinfoil hat and the analyzer will tell you how effective the hat is against mind control rays.  Obviously you need to make the connection using coax that has fully tinned shielding for this to work.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jul 2, 2019, at 5:31 PM, Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

But the style…..wow!

Thanks,

Rowland

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW) via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 1:15 PM
To: louis.giliberto@...; snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] ITU Region 1 wants to kill 2m

A couple of MIT guys actually did a study and it increases rf. Makes sense if you realize the hat has the shape of a dish antenna focused at your brain, lol

https://mozai.com/writing/not_mine/aluminium_helmets_research.pdf

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

From: Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW) via Groups.Io
Date: Tue, Jul 2, 2019 10:47 AM

Yup. The best thing we can do is to use that band so they can't claim it's unnecessary for us to have. I try to put my call out on repeaters at least once a day for that reason (easy to do mobile during my commute)

Related, I'm cynical by nature, and there is an fcc petition to expand tech privileges on HF. I'm actually for giving tech a bit more hf, however when I put on my tinfoil hat I wonder if it's a move to say that we don't need vhf because tech has hf and uhf+ now.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

From: Robin Amundson
Date: Mon, Jul 1, 2019 7:35 PM

It is FCC. Your senators don’t make rules or negotiate spectrum with the international body. ARRL is our representative to FCC.

73,

Robin

On Jul 1, 2019, at 7:06 PM, Dale Smith <dale_smith@...> wrote:

2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:"Segoe Script"; panose-1:3 11 5 4 2 0 0 0 0 3;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; text-decoration:underline;} p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0 {mso-style-name:msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} span.EmailStyle19 {mso-style-type:personal-reply; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->
Maybe we should contact Murray and Cantwell …

Regards,
Dale Smith
JK7GHU