Re: Antenna time... help appreciated

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

There's a lot of good advice already, so I'll just add a few thoughts.

As everyone said, you want to use LMR-400.  However, depending on how you route the cable, you may want to consider LMR-400 UltraFlex.  It uses a stranded center that makes it more flexible with similar operating characteristics to LMR-400.

You'll also want conductive anti-seize on the connections especially if you are going to be connecting / disconnecting them often.  I like Jet-Lube SS-30; I use it on all my connectors.  A little goes a long way.

Join snovarc@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.