Updated Event: SMAS Monthly Meeting - Friday, September 10, 2021 #cal-invite

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
Friday, September 10, 2021
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Online through Zoom (or other online meeting tools) until normal in-person activities resume.

Organizer: James Cantu

View Event

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.
Meeting are currently virtual via Zoom.
Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome, but virtual meeting links will not be posted publicly. These may only be shared via groups.io or from a member of the executive committee.

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.

Agenda

  • Catch-up
  • etc.

James Cantu is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/95536652461
    Password: 423734

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16468769923,95536652461# or +13017158592,95536652461#

Or Telephone:
    Dial:
    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
    +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
    +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
    +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 955 3665 2461
    International numbers available: https://tennessee.zoom.us/u/abk6tW4ZHn

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323: 162.255.37.11 (US West) or 162.255.36.11 (US East)
    Meeting ID: 955 3665 2461
    Password: 423734

    SIP: 95536652461@...
    Password: 423734

Allan Hutchison

My apologies to the group, I will not be able to attend this evening. I have a previous commitment.

Allan Hutchison LADAC

Cornerstone of Recovery & Stepping Stones to Recovery

4726 Airport Highway & 1214 Topside Rd.

Louisville TN 37777

Cell  (865) 407.6744

Work (865) 970.7747

Fax (865) 862.0639

allanhutchison@...

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by HIPAA legislation (45 CFR, Parts 160 & 164). If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering this email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and then delete the email from your computer.

[...]

Forrest Erickson

Tonight SMAS members had a discussion the zodiacal light which is a morning phenomena this time of year.

James Cantu had photographed it from the Texas Star Party in May a couple years ago. We used Cartes du Ciel to simulate the morning and evening views of different seasons and from different locations on the earth. Looking forward to the time when we can do real travel to observe again.

Also at the end of the meeting we touched on the gegenschein and I found the following interesting link: https://skyandtelescope.org/observing/take-the-gegenschein-challenge101420151410/

Nice seeing people,
Lee

On 09/10/2021 4:31 PM smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote: