Updated Event: Astronomy Program: "To the Moon and Beyond: Adventures in Astronomy" Farragut Library - Tuesday, May 30, 2023 #cal-invite

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Astronomy Program: "To the Moon and Beyond: Adventures in Astronomy" Farragut Library

When:
Tuesday, May 30, 2023
6:30pm to 7:30pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Knox County Public Library (Farragut Branch) 417 N. Campbell Station Rd. Knoxville, TN 37934

Organizer: Dave Wells david.d.wells1963@...

View Event

The presentation will focus on some basics of astronomy, types of telescopes, and tips for what to look for in the night sky. I'll also concentrate on viewing the Moon, such as the different phases, the major areas of the lunar surface, and a brief history of the Apollo missions and the future Artemis missions. My goal is to captivate their interest and encourage them to read more about astronomy and space exploration. I would like to display any books you may have in the library on those subjects. I'd also like to encourage the parents to learn more about astronomy with their kids!

Contact Details: Marilyn

Location Details:
https://www.knoxcountylibrary.org/about/hours-and-locations/farragut-branch-library