Now: SMAS Monthly Meeting - 08/12/2022 #cal-notice

Group Notification <noreply@...>

SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
08/12/2022
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Pellissippi State Community College, Ned R. McWherter Technology Building 126 (Pellissippi State Community College 10915 Hardin Valley Road P.O. Box 22990 Knoxville, TN 37933-0990)

Organizer: James Cantu

View Event

IMPORTANT Room Change: Temp location Ned R. McWherter Technology Building

Our normal room is being repurposed for a campus event from the President's office. We will relocate to McWherter 126 which is next to Alexander.

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.
Meeting are currently virtual via Zoom.  Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome, but virtual meeting links will not be posted publicly. These may only be shared via groups.io or from a member of the executive committee.

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.

Agenda

  • Around the room/Show and Tell: What are you doing? What challenge are you having trouble with?
  • "An Overview of Astronomical Calculations Using a Spreadsheet" Mike Tenbus
  • Cades Cove Star Party Update: James Cantu
  • Tentative Webb Space Telescope presentation
  • Website Contributions