Now: Call for proposals - 07/22/2022 #cal-notice

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Call for proposals

When:
07/22/2022

View Event

The next SMAS meeting is in two weeks! If you have a proposed topic, please share it to the group via replying to this message, emailing the group  smokymtnastro@groups.io or the current Vice President.

This is a calendar-based announcement with automated reminder emails. Only one email will be sent.
Please remember that a proposed topic could be as simple as a brief 10-15 minute or longer 45 minute topic. We encourage a mixture of beginner to intermediate/advanced topics.

Best regards and clear skies,
SMAS Executive Council

Bryan R.

Is there a meeting tonight?

James Cantu

This appears to be a technical error. SMAS is next week, second Friday of the month, August 12th. It displays correctly in the groups.io calendar. I'm not sure why the two week notice went out the way it did.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 2:28 PM Bryan R. <bross138@...> wrote:
Is there a meeting tonight?

--
James M. Cantu

Forrest Erickson

Often I complain about demons in the machines but for our group I could blame it on Saturn in retrograde.
From Cartes du Ciel.

Since Saturn is about in the middle of the retro grade loop (even with out googeling) I can assume is is very close to opposition too.

Saturn is in opposition to our calendar I say.  And this is the horoscope I offer

Unless you get out to look at them....

While symptom free, because of COVID exposure I have been isolating and not getting out to observe the day star and I miss it. I have stepped out to see the planets but not with a telescope for over a month now.

Anyone else observing?

Lee