Moon now

Forrest Erickson

Forrest Lee Erickson
Cell: 865-518-1040
Sent from cell.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/13/21 6:50 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: smokymtnastro@groups.io
Subject: Re: [smokymtnastro] Cancelled Event: SMAS Monthly Meeting - Friday, 14 May 2021 #cal-cancelled

Hello Allan,
I too am double shot but must mask and so on because I have friends very vulnerable.

I am thinking the Unicoi Crest parking lot because I hope to see the globular cluster. This is about 66 miles from the Foothills mall or the Exon Station on US129 where we used to meet up to convoy.   I looked up the address as 

Exon,
1764 W Broadway Ave ·
Maryville TN 37803

Well it is dark about 9 so it is best to get up on mountain before then. 
If we could meet at Exon station, north east part of the parking lot. I think we need to plan to leave at 7:00 PM so meet some what before. Will drive through McDonalds in Madisonville for observing sustanance. 

Sound like a plan?
My phone number is 865-518-1040

Anyone else want to mask up and look up?

Lee

On 05/13/2021 1:19 PM Allan Hutchison <allanhutchison@...> wrote:

Hello Lee,

I would be very interested in accompanying you on Friday if you are going out.  I am new to this hobby and the group and would appreciate all the help I can get learning more about it. I have a Celestron AstroMaster 130 EQ telescope that I can bring. I have had both my Covid Vaccinations but will continue to wear a mask whenever I am around others. Please advise where and when to meet or you can call my cell number listed below.

Thanks

Allan Hutchison LADAC

Cornerstone of Recovery & Stepping Stones to Recovery

4726 Airport Highway & 1214 Topside Rd.

Louisville TN 37777

Cell  (865) 407.6744

Work (865) 970.7747

Fax (865) 862.0639

allanhutchison@...

*********************************************************************************************************

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by HIPAA legislation (45 CFR, Parts 160 & 164). If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering this email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and then delete the email from your computer.

******************************************************************************************

From: smokymtnastro@groups.io <smokymtnastro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Forrest Erickson
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 11:49 AM
To: SmokyMountainAstronomicalAssociationGroupsIO SMAS <smokymtnastro@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [smokymtnastro] Cancelled Event: SMAS Monthly Meeting - Friday, 14 May 2021 #cal-cancelled

Since no meeting and since just past new moon, I was looking at the Clear Sky Chart for Friday night and it looks good for low clouds.  Transparency is "average" what exactly that means I know not. Seeing is poor so high magnification viewing will be impaired. See just below.

So I am considering a drive to the Foothills Parkway or even Unicoi Crest. The high Friday is only 71 so it will be cold on either mountain.

The moon is a thin crescent and sets at 11:30 or so.  See below.

Omega Centari may be good.  It will crossing the meridian about the time the moon sets. See way below.

Here is the moon at about 9:00 PM

On 05/11/2021 7:21 PM smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

Cancelled: SMAS Monthly Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Friday, 14 May 2021
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Online through Zoom (or other online meeting tools) until normal in-person activities resume.

Organizer: James Cantu

Description:

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.
Meeting are currently virtual via Zoom. 
Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting. 
Guests are welcome, but virtual meeting links will not be posted publicly. These may only be shared via groups.io or from a member of the executive committee. 

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.

Agenda

• Item 1
  • Item 2
  •