Meteor Shower

Vicente Diaz

The meteor shower from my backyard was mostly disappointing.   Between my granddaughter and I all we managed to see over a span of 4 hours (from about 10 pm to 2am) were 5 dim meteors and three, short, bright ones in the Northern skies (2 by the Big Dipper and one by Polaris).  We did manage to see multiple satellites including the ISS which was nice and bright!

 Hope others, especially those away from city lights, had better luck!

Clear Skies!

Vicente Diaz

Duane Dunlap

I was out for about an hour. Saw the ISS and many airplanes, but no meteors. Nice night though.  Duane

On May 31, 2022, at 9:58 AM, Vicente Diaz <vk2.diaz@...> wrote:

The meteor shower from my backyard was mostly disappointing.   Between my granddaughter and I all we managed to see over a span of 4 hours (from about 10 pm to 2am) were 5 dim meteors and three, short, bright ones in the Northern skies (2 by the Big Dipper and one by Polaris).  We did manage to see multiple satellites including the ISS which was nice and bright!

 Hope others, especially those away from city lights, had better luck!

Clear Skies!

Vicente Diaz

dedicatedastronomer

I observed from my suburban home and a  local park outside of Colorado Springs from about 21:00 to 23:00 MDT.  I also saw the ISS.  There were a few dozen meteors; most were just visible.  A few were brighter, but not as bright as nearby Arcturus.  The meteors trails were short and slow.

Mike

Michael Littleton, CHP

8129 Hollygrape Lane

Colorado Springs, CO 80927

I was out for about an hour. Saw the ISS and many airplanes, but no meteors. Nice night though.  Duane

On May 31, 2022, at 9:58 AM, Vicente Diaz <vk2.diaz@...> wrote:

The meteor shower from my backyard was mostly disappointing.   Between my granddaughter and I all we managed to see over a span of 4 hours (from about 10 pm to 2am) were 5 dim meteors and three, short, bright ones in the Northern skies (2 by the Big Dipper and one by Polaris).  We did manage to see multiple satellites including the ISS which was nice and bright!

 Hope others, especially those away from city lights, had better luck!

Clear Skies!

Vicente Diaz

James Paciello

I observed from my home from 22:00 to 23:00 EDT. I had early commitments the next day so I had to get out early and could only do an hour. Within 10 minutes of observing I saw a fairly bright 1st magnitude meteor streak westward about 10 degrees from Arcturus. It was orange-white, slow but left a brief train. Got excited and thought well maybe we have something here. Uh...no. The remaining time gave me, as some of you had indicated, the ISS. At least the one I saw was memorable.
        Jim Paciello