Event: Weather Permitting: Recommended Viewing Weekend (near new moon) - 06/05/2021 #cal-reminder

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Weather Permitting: Recommended Viewing Weekend (near new moon)

When:
06/05/2021 through
06/06/2021

View Event

As of the beginning of 2021, SMAS is not yet creating formal events for dark sky observation outings; however, we are noting suitable viewing weekends before and after each month's new moon.
If safe to do so, members are encouraged to consider these weekends for deep sky viewing as moon interference will be minimal. If you do something interesting take note, take a photo, log it somehow even with just and anecdote.
We hope that members will be encouraged to have something to share during our monthly meetings, here on groups.io or through social media.

Weather and potential viewing conditions

(an automated reminder is set for these events T-one day and at the arrival of the date of the event)

Best regards and clear skies,
James Cantu

Forrest Erickson

Looking at the Clear Sky Chart, both tonight (Friday 4 June) and Saturday are not great.
The Weather Underground for Maryville (below) shows rather high % of clouds with 73% on Saturday at midnight, but still 52% Friday at midnight.
Not worth a drive to Unico Crest.

Perhaps I will watch the sky and consider a drive to the Foothills Parkway Friday evening.

Not sure if I will bring my 10" DOB or do photography with my 102mm x 500mm Skywatcher (insert pejorative name for color dispersion here) on the equatorial mount.

What are you thinking?

Phone: 865-518-1040 if you want to hash out options

Lee

On 06/04/2021 12:00 AM smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

No responses so I will not be driving up the mountain.

Sky in Maryville is scattered haze.