Event: Third Quarter Star Party - 04/23/2022 #cal-reminder

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Third Quarter Star Party

When:
04/23/2022
8:00pm to 11:30pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Foothills Parkway (new section; 35.716412545500376, -83.77398090598001) unless otherwise specified.

Organizer: James Cantu james.cantu@... 865-405-2492

View Event

Times approximate. Discussion, weather check, etc. will precede commitment. Date can be adjusted to a Friday if dodges clouds.
Location https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Foothills+Pkwy,+Townsend,+TN+37882/@35.7166276,-83.7733693,309m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x885ea64d3a9ad723:0x247b6ec95435f3ee!2m2!1d-83.7747457!2d35.7162126

James Cantu

Time to crowd-source a best plan. Friday is looking better, but not overwhelmingly so.
This clear sky chart is for Look Rock but probably close enough.
https://www.cleardarksky.com/c/LkRckTNkey.html?1

For reference, KO has abandoned Saturday for Friday but they are going north as well.

Thoughts?

Forrest Erickson

While I cannot do Friday I would suggest go on Friday and Saturday becomes a backup.

Forrest Lee Erickson
Cell: 865-518-1040
Sent from cell.

From: James Cantu <james.cantu@...>
Date: 4/21/22 9:46 PM (GMT-05:00)

--
James M. Cantu

Ayaka Y. Komata

I observe meteor shower tonight in my place.
Alex and I will be joining you at Blount County Library tomorrow.

Ayaka Komata