Event: Solar Viewing at the Blount County Library - 04/23/2022 #cal-reminder

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Solar Viewing at the Blount County Library

When:
04/23/2022
11:00am to 1:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Blount County Library

Organizer: Lee Erickson and James Cantu

View Event

Join us for some solar viewing at the Blount County library (on the bridge side of the building). We should have at least three scopes available in white light and hydrogen alpha.
The weather looks to be "mostly clear" although the evening is "partly cloudy".

Background:
Lee had a great experience with a drop in solar viewing effort this week, resulting in a lot of interest from patrons and librarians alike. The result is a planned event for this Saturday 11a-1p. If you are not familiar with the Blount Country Library it is very much a community center and great place for such an event. I don't live in Blount County but I actually have a membership there.

What we'll have: Lee will have a solar filtered scope (white light); James will also have a white light solar filtered scope and a Coronado Personal Solar Telescope (PST). If anyone else has gear and would like to show up please do. If no gear, feel free to show up and hang out for a bit.

If you have day of questions you can reach out to me at 865-405-2492.

Clear skies,

James Cantu