Event: SMAS Monthly Meeting - 06/10/2022 #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
06/10/2022
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Pellissippi State Community College, Alexander Rm. 223 (Pellissippi State Community College 10915 Hardin Valley Road P.O. Box 22990 Knoxville, TN 37933-0990)

Organizer: James Cantu

View Event

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.

Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome.

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.

Agenda

  • Welcome and Introductions
  • June/July Special Events
    • Request for Girl Scouts Event June 20, 2022
    • Solar Viewing
    • July 22, BCPL STEAM/STEM Event
    • Overnight event at Pickett??
  • Heritage Planetarium Updates (Lee Erickson)
  • Events for 2022
    • Newly scheduled events.
    • Cade's Cove: Reconnecting with the GSMNP
  • Vote on Insurance payment (quorum needed)
  • Last call for dues to ensure roster for Astro League
  • Other business/short presentations/etc.

Forrest Erickson

I will be there.
Regarding the Heritage Planetarium see The Daily Times article at this link:

If I can find it, I also have a (not very complete) mnemonic for planet distances.
Blount County Board of Education votes to strip Heritage High School planetarium | News
The Daily Times
Forrest Erickson has long lobbied BCS to revive the planetarium, which hasn't operated in the past 12 years. During the public comment period before ...