Event: SMAS Monthly Meeting - 05/13/2022 #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
05/13/2022
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Online through Zoom (or other online meeting tools) until normal in-person activities resume.

Organizer: James Cantu

View Event

This agenda is very tentative. We are still looking for proposals. See tentative agenda below.
About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.

Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome, but virtual meeting links will not be posted publicly. These may only be shared via groups.io or from a member of the executive committee.

Doors open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.

Agenda

  • Welcome and introductions
  • Solar Event Recap (Lee Erickson)
  • Lunar Eclipse Brief (Open for presenter)
  • Galaxy Season Presentation (Cantu)
  • Open Topics (open for presenter)

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
05/13/2022
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Pellissippi State Community College, Alexander Rm. 223 (Pellissippi State Community College 10915 Hardin Valley Road P.O. Box 22990 Knoxville, TN 37933-0990)

Organizer: James Cantu

View Event

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.
Meeting are currently virtual via Zoom.
Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Members are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, invited speakers, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome.

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p

Agenda

  • Welcome and introductions (Cantu)
  • What's up with you? (anyone)