Event: SMAS Monthly Meeting - 06/11/2021 #cal-reminder

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
06/11/2021
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Online through Zoom (or other online meeting tools) until normal in-person activities resume.

Organizer: James Cantu

View Event

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.
Meeting are currently virtual via Zoom.
Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome, but virtual meeting links will not be posted publicly. These may only be shared via groups.io or from a member of the executive committee.

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.

Agenda

  • Pre-meeting (meet and greet 7p-7:30p)
  • Welcome, recognition of guests, introductions (Duane Dunlap, President)
  • Presentation: "Heritage Planetarium: History and Fantasies of a Future" (Lee Erickson)
  • Presentation and Discussion: SMAS 2021 Interests & Preferences Survey (James Cantu, Vice President)
    • Share the survey summary and discuss plans for emerging from distanced activities to being together again.
  • New Topics/New Business (anyone)
  • Closing remarks and adjourn (Duane Dunlap, President)

Zoom Login

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/92491951272
    Password: 091330

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +13017158592,92491951272# or +13126266799,92491951272#

Or Telephone:
    Dial:
    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
    +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
    +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
    +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 924 9195 1272
    International numbers available: https://tennessee.zoom.us/u/axjr0z8hg

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323: 162.255.37.11 (US West) or 162.255.36.11 (US East)
    Meeting ID: 924 9195 1272
    Password: 091330

    SIP: 92491951272@...
    Password: 091330