Event: Cades Cove Star Party (Tentative Option) - Saturday, September 3, 2022 #cal-invite

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Cades Cove Star Party (Tentative Option)

When:
Saturday, September 3, 2022

Where:
Cade's Cove, GSMNP

Organizer: James Cantiu James.cantu@...

View Event

We are in discussion with the NPS to resurrect the Cade's Cove Star Party for Fall 2022.
Possible dates include September 3rd, November 5th and possibly October 1st.
Stay tuned for updates.

dedicatedastronomer

I was involved in many of the Cades Cove Starparties.  One obstacle was always that the weeks (mid to late October) with the best prospective weather was also the peak time for visitors to the park.  My suggestion is to opt for the 10/1/2 date and try to get the November date as the alternate date.  If only one date is available, I recommend the October date.  The Moon is near first quarter, which will allow lunar viewing and good views of some of the brighter deep -sky objects like M31.  Unfortunately, the Moon will wash out the great objects in the South early in the evening like the Lagoon Nebula.

It is great SMAS is trying to resurrect the Cades Cove Starparty.  It was always the highlight of the club’s starparties.

Mike

Michael Littleton, CHP

8129 Hollygrape Lane

Colorado Springs, CO 80927