ASP Insider, May/June 2021: Looking Back and Going Forward with the ASP

Forrest Erickson

See below about the SETI presentation with Jull Tarter on July 22.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Astronomical Society of the Pacific <aspcommunications@...>
To: forresterickson@...
Date: 06/03/2021 10:08 AM
Subject: ASP Insider, May/June 2021: Looking Back and Going Forward with the ASP

May/June 2021

A note from CEO, Linda Shore

I am pleased to announce the
ASP 2020 Annual Report as our first digital and dynamic version, sharing with you the incredible work and accomplishments of the Society during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re excited how it provides a unique new perspective with links and embedded videos and is mobile friendly, so you can enjoy learning about the ASP’s programs and new initiatives on your smart phone or tablet.

In Partnership with
Astronomers for Planet Earth

Addressing Climate Change
from an
Astronomical Perspective

Join us for a day-long interactive symposium to explore the
astronomical perspective as we fight to protect our planet.

A Public Talk with Jill Tarter - July 22
A Cosmic Perspective: Searching for Aliens, Finding Ourselves

Join us the evening before the Summer Symposium for a special talk open to the public or included with registration.

In anticipation of our upcoming Summer Symposium, we're giving a sneak preview with a special article by Jacob White from National Radio Astronomy Observatory and a member of Astronomers for Planet Earth.

complimentary article

STEM Showcase featured ASP program videos

The 2021 NSF STEM for All Video Showcase: Learning from Research and Practice was held May 11-18 hosting between 100-200 three-minute video presentations from federally funded projects that aim to improve STEM.

View both of these videos:

From Planetariums to YouTube: Taking Big Astronomy Online
Received  Public Choice recognition!

Your Gift Matters
Inspire Others With a Future Gift
When you include the Astronomical Society of the Pacific in your estate plan, your generosity promotes public science interest, engagement and literacy through the awe and wonder of astronomy. Thank you for ensuring that the Astronomical Society of the Pacific can help people of all ages and backgrounds engage in astronomy well into the future.

Uncover the giving option that works best for your goals

Engage with Us
Read Exclusive Online Articles - Shop for Educational Materials

by Jennifer Birriel

Ever since the advent of the smartphone and its suite of sensors, physics experiments with these devices have become accessible to both students and citizen scientists.

We invite the entire ASP community to visit our free Mercury Online blog. E xplore current space news & opinion articles by our expert columnists and Mercury magazine editor, Liz Kruesi.
Father's Day is Around the Corner!

Educational astronomy-related products with a few gifts sprinkled in during the holidays and our annual Astronomy Calendar selection.

All proceeds support the ASP programs.

-- Celestron FirstScope $59

ASP Members – take advantage of your 10% discount in the AstroShop. Log into your MyASP account before you shop!

All proceeds from product sales support the ASP's mission and education programs.

Be a passionate supporter and become a recurring donor. It's easy to set up.

Enjoy member benefits and join a community of those passionate about making a difference in science literacy.