File IMG_4960.CR2 deleted #file-notice

smokymtnastro@groups.io Notification <noreply@...>

The following files have been deleted from the Files area of the smokymtnastro@groups.io group.

  • IMG_4960.CR2

By: Forrest Erickson <forresterickson@...>

Forrest Erickson

For anyone following along on my odyssey, It look like I have to delete many of the file I uploaded as the group files are now full.
I am going to remove the Tarus files in the folder of
I will do so later this evening of 28 January so as to give anyone interested some few hours chance to grab them before I clobber them.

Lee

On 01/28/2022 5:43 PM smokymtnastro@groups.io Notification <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

The following files have been deleted from the Files area of the smokymtnastro@groups.io group.

  • IMG_4960.CR2

By: Forrest Erickson <forresterickson@...>

Jim Sanders

Storage limits for Groups IO:
  • Basic plans: 1GB
  • Premium plans: 30GB (as of February 8, 2021; previously 20GB)
  • Enterprise plans: 1TB
We have the "Free" plan (Basic).
Loading Canon Raw Files (CR2) really chews up the space.  14 MB per image. so for your 3 folders in the file section you used up 430 MB of space or 43% of total space allowed.
About 2 weeks ago, we were at 80% of capacity.  Items charged against are Files, Photo Gallery, and email attachments.  No charge for email text themselves.

Questions or suggestions?

Jim Sanders

Forrest Erickson

If I understand Deep Sky Stacker, it makes a master stack of dark images and I have uploaded that file to my Dropbox and this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4nm01dh0hd8i3o/MasterDark_ISO800_9s.tif?dl=0

I am about to clobber all of the dark files I uploaded to free up a third of the Group.io space I filled with my files.

Is anyone interested in trying to process these files or shall I clobber them all soon?

Lee

On 01/28/2022 5:49 PM Forrest Erickson <forresterickson@...> wrote:

For anyone following along on my odyssey, It look like I have to delete many of the file I uploaded as the group files are now full.
I am going to remove the Tarus files in the folder of
I will do so later this evening of 28 January so as to give anyone interested some few hours chance to grab them before I clobber them.

Lee

On 01/28/2022 5:43 PM smokymtnastro@groups.io Notification <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

The following files have been deleted from the Files area of the smokymtnastro@groups.io group.

  • IMG_4960.CR2

By: Forrest Erickson <forresterickson@...>

Forrest Erickson

If I understand my DropBox user interface (it's not guaranteed) I have placed the Tarus RAW Lights into a folder that everyone should be able to access at this link:

Would appreciate it anyone would confirm they can see and access the ten files there.

Lee

On 01/29/2022 7:49 AM Forrest Erickson <forresterickson@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob Bonner

I can can see the files from my phone but am away from my computer for a few days so cant open raw files.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022, 07:00 Forrest Erickson <forresterickson@...> wrote:
[...]

Lee,

I was able to see and download the file you put in DropBox.  This is a good way to handle transfer of big files.

I also use Google Drive which gives me a free account of 15 GB and allows me to create folders and share access to the folders I select (they create a link that you can post to the folks you want to share with).

Microsoft OneDrive is another option.

Jim