Bob Bonner shared “Astronomy Pictures” with you

Forrest Erickson

I sent the following back to Bob before realizing I should have share with the group.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: FORREST ERICKSON <forresterickson@...>

Date: 01/19/2022 7:56 AM
Subject: Your Google Photos

Nice I see you got Mercury in transit!

It would be nice if there were title and notes on the photos. With what did you add the embedded annotations?

Notice on the short exposure of M42 that the central portion is cyan.
I have had some people viewing through my scope say they saw "green" in what I think was that region. I do not recall seeing that color but I do know I have seen the magenta that is further along what I call the "wings" .

Screen shot I quick and dirty annotated with IrfanView:

Lee

Forrest Erickson

I was looking at Bob's M42 (and M43) long exposure. There is a feature I have heard referred to as the "running man" in M43
Here I have put text and arrow to what I wonder if is "the running man".
Can anyone confirm?