Now: SMAS Monthly Meeting - 01/14/2022 #cal-notice

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
01/14/2022
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(UTC-05:00) America/New York

Where:
Online through Zoom (or other online meeting tools) until normal in-person activities resume.

Organizer: James Cantu

View Event

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.
Meeting are currently virtual via Zoom.
Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome, but virtual meeting links will not be posted publicly. These may only be shared via groups.io or from a member of the executive committee.

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.

Agenda

  • Duane  Dunlap: “The Computers”. It’s a story about a group of women that worked at the Harvard observatory and made fantastic discoveries."
  • Lee Erickson: Using Cartes du Ciel to predict Jupiter occultations by the moon.
  • Holidays viewing reports: Who took up our challenges? What attempts and/or successes did you have.
  • Treasurer's Report
  • Officer nominations

James Cantu is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/98730921701
    Password: 945893

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +13126266799,98730921701# or +16468769923,98730921701#

Or Telephone:
    Dial:
    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
    +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
    +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
    +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 987 3092 1701
    International numbers available: https://tennessee.zoom.us/u/aetitxtwhK

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323: 162.255.37.11 (US West) or 162.255.36.11 (US East)
    Meeting ID: 987 3092 1701
    Password: 945893

    SIP: 98730921701@...
    Password: 945893