SMAS Monthly Meeting - Fri, 04/09/2021 #cal-notice

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
Friday, 9 April 2021
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Online through Zoom (or other online meeting tools) until normal in-person activities resume.

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.
Meeting are currently virtual via Zoom.
Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome, but virtual meeting links will not be posted publicly. These may only be shared via groups.io or from a member of the executive committee.

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.

Agenda

  • Welcome/Introductions/Guests (Duane Dunlap)
  • Presentations
    • Astrophotography a Personal Journey (Mike Littleton)
    • Other news and noteworthy (??)
  • Discussions
    • Use of online communications resources (Executive Officers) We will discuss the use of Groups.io, Facebook Page, Facebook Group, and the like. James Cantu will provide a very brief summary presentation.
    • Possible Zoom replacement? Poll the group for familiarity with other resources.
    • What's up with you? Any new or in-progress projects to report on? (All)

James Cantu is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/95029589177
    Password: 527765

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +13126266799,95029589177# or +16468769923,95029589177#

Or Telephone:
    Dial:
    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
    +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
    +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
    +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 950 2958 9177
    International numbers available: https://tennessee.zoom.us/u/aetk5helyp

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323: 162.255.37.11 (US West) or 162.255.36.11 (US East)
    Meeting ID: 950 2958 9177
    Password: 527765

    SIP: 95029589177@...
    Password: 527765