Call for proposals - Fri, 02/26/2021 #cal-notice

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Call for proposals

When:
Friday, 26 February 2021

The next SMAS meeting is in two weeks! If you have a proposed topic, please share it to the group via replying to this message, emailing the group  smokymtnastro@groups.io or the current Vice President.

This is a calendar-based announcement with automated reminder emails. Only one email will be sent.
Please remember that a proposed topic could be as simple as a brief 10-15 minute or longer 45 minute topic. We encourage a mixture of beginner to intermediate/advanced topics.

Best regards and clear skies,
SMAS Executive Council

Don Schoenhofer

I have a subject that I would like to share at the March meeting.  "Studying Galactic Structure with Binoculars"
The Winter Milky Way; it will be about 20-30 minutes long! I will need some help with pictures and illustrations, as I'm not  familiar with Zoom!  Thanks, hope to see you all at the meeting!    Don

Ross Hughes

How about best filters for astrophotography - Narrowband, Broadband, Light Pollution, Moon, Planets, etc. I want to start getting my kit together and need recommendations from experienced photographers.

Ross Hughes

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 12:00 AM smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

Call for proposals

When:
Friday, 26 February 2021

The next SMAS meeting is in two weeks! If you have a proposed topic, please share it to the group via replying to this message, emailing the group  smokymtnastro@groups.io or the current Vice President.

This is a calendar-based announcement with automated reminder emails. Only one email will be sent.
Please remember that a proposed topic could be as simple as a brief 10-15 minute or longer 45 minute topic. We encourage a mixture of beginner to intermediate/advanced topics.

Best regards and clear skies,
SMAS Executive Council

dedicatedastronomer

I could do a presentation for April on astro imaging or the trials and tribulation of same.

Michael Littleton, CHP

321 Boyne Way

Winterville, NC 28590

The next SMAS meeting is in two weeks! If you have a proposed topic, please share it to the group via replying to this message, emailing the group  smokymtnastro@groups.io or the current Vice President.

This is a calendar-based announcement with automated reminder emails. Only one email will be sent.
Please remember that a proposed topic could be as simple as a brief 10-15 minute or longer 45 minute topic. We encourage a mixture of beginner to intermediate/advanced topics.

Best regards and clear skies,
SMAS Executive Council

James Cantu

Thanks Don!
We'll have you on the schedule. Feel free to reach out to me directly James.cantu@... for tech needs. Also let me know what you might need help for pictures and illustrations.

Mike,
To Ross's question do you think you can focus some on filters? Also how long do you think you will need?

Best regards,
James

dedicatedastronomer

Since I have not put the presentation together, I don’t how long the presentation will be.  Let us set a goal of 30 minutes presentation with 10 minutes for questions and comments.  This will be for the March meeting.  With home schooling the grandsons, I will not be able to complete the presentation for the February meeting.

I don’t feel qualified to discuss filters.  From the discussions in the Imaging Section of the Raleigh Club, narrow-band imaging is a good way of acquiring images from light polluted locations.  I have an automated filter wheel and color filters that I have never used.  My method is to only add one new device or software at the time and to get it working before adding something else.  It has taken me since June 2020 to this February to get autonomous operation of my imaging system.  My next step is to move from the iOptron iEQ 30 Mount to my Losmandy G-11 with my recent addition of the Gemini 2 Computer.  This is what I want to discuss as well as changes in imaging  in the last 10 years.  I think Duane Dunlap is about at the same level of expertise in imaging as me and can contribute a lot of good information on this topic.

Michael Littleton

321 Boyne Way

Winterville, NC 28590