SMAS Monthly Meeting - Fri, 02/12/2021 #cal-notice

smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

SMAS Monthly Meeting

When:
Friday, 12 February 2021
7:30pm to 9:00pm
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
Online through Zoom (or other online meeting tools) until normal in-person activities resume.

About SMAS Meetings

SMAS meets every second Friday January-November unless a special event interferes. In general, December is reserved for a Holiday Gathering where all local clubs are invited to dine and meetup. Meetings are relatively informal, however we usually establish an agenda of presentations and discussion topics.
Meeting are currently virtual via Zoom.
Meetings consist of short presentations by members or invited guests. Member are encouraged to propose a topic at least 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting. Please send proposals to the current Vice President. All topics are available: from technical reports, introductory topics, astrophotography, history, book/resource reviews, gear/tool reviews, how-to's, community engagement, etc.
We encourage diverse topics over a range of ability levels. We hope that each meeting includes something easier and something more intermediate-advanced per meeting.
Guests are welcome, but virtual meeting links will not be posted publicly. These may only be shared via groups.io or from a member of the executive committee.

"Doors" open at 7p; Meeting runs 7:30p-9:00p.
Zoom Link below

Agenda

  • Greetings (Duane Dunlap, President)
    • Introductions/Visitors/New Members
    • Any Observation/Activities Reports?
  • Elections (Bruce Ahler, Secretary)
  • Double Star Observing (Jim Sanders)
    • The Astronomical League award requirements
    • good doubles to observe at this time of year
    • and brief tips about star hopping.
  • BobFest Roundup (James Cantu, VP, and anyone else who attended)
  • Future Presentation Proposals?
    • March
    • April
    • May
  • Adjourn
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/99670508827
    Password: 179556

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16468769923,99670508827# or +13017158592,99670508827#

Or Telephone:
    Dial:
    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
    +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
    +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
    +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 996 7050 8827
    International numbers available: https://tennessee.zoom.us/u/aby5ZLVydo

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323: 162.255.37.11 (US West) or 162.255.36.11 (US East)
    Meeting ID: 996 7050 8827
    Password: 179556

    SIP: 99670508827@...
    Password: 179556