Re: Now: Call for proposals - 04/22/2022 #cal-notice

Forrest Erickson

Ram Bull Twins Crab Liverish, Scaily Scorpions Are Good Water Fish.
I have benefited greatly from this mnemonic because visitors at star parties would ask about their zodiacal signs and I could be knowledgeable but more importantly I know the whole sky around the ecliptic in order too.

Challenge for you all.
Develop a mnemonic for the distance to the planets in AU, (Astronomical Units ) and in order including Pluto.  I think we should also include the asteroid belt too.

Here is a reference for distance to planets but not for the asteroids.
FYI, Ceres is 2.8 AU

Lee

On 04/22/2022 12:00 AM smokymtnastro@groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

Call for proposals

When:
04/22/2022

View Event

The next SMAS meeting is in two weeks! If you have a proposed topic, please share it to the group via replying to this message, emailing the group  smokymtnastro@groups.io or the current Vice President.

This is a calendar-based announcement with automated reminder emails. Only one email will be sent.
Please remember that a proposed topic could be as simple as a brief 10-15 minute or longer 45 minute topic. We encourage a mixture of beginner to intermediate/advanced topics.

Best regards and clear skies,
SMAS Executive Council

Join smokymtnastro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.