Re: Activities this weekend (solar and night)

Rick “Rex” Carpenter

Hi All,

LB and I plan on attending the solar viewing event on Saturday; we will bring our Questar fitted appropriately.

Rick Carpenter

On Apr 20, 2022, at 23:46, James Cantu <james.cantu@...> wrote:

Two things:
1) Lee has made arrangements to host solar viewing at the Blount County Library Saturday, April 23rd from 11a-1p. This was a rather serendipitous arrangement as he dropped into the library today and had much success with the patrons and librarians. I plan to join with my white light filtered scope and my Coronado PST. As such we are electing to make this a SMAS event and welcome all to join. If think you might be interested in setting up solar viewing, or just dropping feel free to respond here. I will add an event to the Group.io calendar.

2) Saturday night (third Quarter star party). I'm watching the weather. We are looking at partly cloudy as far as I can see, and Friday looks the same to me.
This is for Look Rock but close enough for estimates. https://www.cleardarksky.com/c/LkRckTNkey.html?1
We'll keep an eye on the weather, but if anyone wants to contribute their meteorological predictions please contribute.

Best regards,
James Cantu

Join smokymtnastro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.