Topics

Willow Flycatcher

mike stiles

I had what I presume was a WILLOW FLYCATCHER at the Montana de Oro campground, in the willows and pine trees near the ampitheatre.

I believe it's on the early side for previous sightings. It was silent, lacked any hint of an eyering, had a "vested" appearance with a pale vertical stripe through the chest and belly, similar in size to a Pacific Slope Fly. Pics can be seen here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S72168137

Discussion welcome.

Mike Stiles
Los Osos

mike stiles

Yes, Tom, thanks. I was just composing an email withdrawing my Willow Fly when you wrote. Just a few minutes of research (or a bit of time travel) would have rectified this ID.

Mike Stiles
Los Osos