Tri-colored Blackbirds - Cal Poly Beef Unit

Mike Bush

Hi SLOCO Birders -

I drove Mt. Bishop Rd through Cal Poly on my way home after a quick visit to the Horticulture Unit. While there were not many black birds, I did see a group of some 25+ mixed black birds in the concrete hay bin on the west of the pens at the Beef Evaluation Unit which is just east of Stenner Creek Rd.

While this is a known location for Tricolored (Trikes as some of my pals say!) and the occasional Yellow-headed Blackbirds neither are common. I always consider Tri-colored Blackbirds a "good bird".

Seen this morning at 11am.

Mike Bush,
Los Osos

Red-winged and Tri-colored Blackbirds