Topics

Summer Tanager Santa Ysabel

sayers68

At around 1030 or 11 this morning (7/16) we (Seth Ontiveros, Mike Walgren and myself) saw a lone bright red summer tanager in the tall cottonwoods at the east end of Santa Ysabel in Los Osos. East of the church, past the barricade, down the hill and about where the old bridge is (1/2 to Los Osos creek). It was on the right side heard calling and seen about 20 feet away and 8 feet above ground level in willow/cottonwood. We were all too slow to get a pic while admiring the bird. Presumed male, bright all red with pale yellowish bill. Happy birding.

John Sayers
Morro Bay, CA