Steak-backed Oriole continues behind maintenance, shed

Eric Goodill

At 7:45 this morning I heard the distinctive rattling up slope behind the
maintenance shed in the largest coffee berry plant. This continued for a few minutes before the bird appeared. It then flew down slope and perched in the pale sticks for a few moments before flying out of my camera’s viewfinder to points unknown. I wonder if its night roost is in that coffee berry since several early-morning reports have been from this location while reports later in the day range widely over the area.

Good birding, Eric Goodill
Menlo Park, CA