Topics

[sbcobirding] Santa Maria/Guadalupe CBC

iseekbirds@verizon.net

All:

It appears that the Santa Maria/Guadalupe CBC is on for Sunday, December 27, 2020.  Obviously, COVID 19 will impact the way we conduct the count, but we still should be able to perform an effective and safe count.  One thing is almost for sure; the weather should be better than it was last year.  Last year's hardy bunch of birders logged 135 species in spite of cold, rain and wind almost the entire day.  Several seasoned birders commented that this was the worst weather that they had ever experienced on a CBC.

For those of you that haven't participated on this count, please consider getting involved.  Because of the large area and the great diversity of habitat, the lack of birders has assuredly resulted in fewer species and numbers of species being documented.  Last year was the 40th year for this count.  Let's make the 41st year the best ever.

If you are interested, please contact me at the email address or cell number listed below.  For your interest, I've attached a copy of our 2019 report results for last year.

John Deacon
iseekbirds@...

--
John Deacon