Red-throated Pipit

mike stiles

I drove to Oso Flaco Lake looking for the previously reported Red-throated Pipit. There were some planting operations on the left side of the road, so I was scanning the field to the right from inside the cab of my truck, when I looked down and saw the RT Pipit about 4' from my vehicle, near the drainage ditch there. I managed to get a few photos before it flew off. Pictures in the ebird link below.

Quite a fitting end, I thought, to my years-long (decades?) search for this bird in the county.

Mike Stiles
Los Osos

Thomas Slater

Atta boy Mike!

Tom Slater
Nipomo

--
Tom Slater
Nipomo

Thomas Slater

Actually, I think that's a savannah sparrow :(

Tom Slater
Slater Photography
(805)-441-6945
@surfinslater  on Instagram