Topics

Red-eyed Vireo? recording

Tom Graves

A group was at the MDO campground looking for the Red-eyed Vireo and Eastern Kingbird. We heard this: https://www.xeno-canto.org/568143

I posted it as a mystery with these comments: Red-eyed Vireo was seen in this area yesterday. What I hear: Consecutive song are different; No obvious burry notes. A few weeks ago a White-eyed Vireo was seen (in the county, but not at this location), but its consecutive songs repeat. Cassin’s Vireo could be here, but it has many burry notes, and often sounds like its saying “hurry up, over here”: This song does not. Sibley suggests this: “here-I-am, in-the-tree, look-up, at-the-top”. I cannot think of other possibilities.

Tom Graves