PS Flycatcher 3 March 2000

Mike Stiles

Today at Cal Poly in the creek near the feed mill I refound the
Pacific-slope Flycatcher that was first seen in December. I assume it
was the same one. I saw it in the same tree anyway. If it's not the same
bird it's an early migrant.

Mike Stiles
Los Osos, CA
mstiles@calpoly.edu

Tom Edell

Mike.....Did the PS Flycatcher look the same as the one you saw in December?
Just kidding. While this bird is in the same location and therefore may be
the bird that wintered there, county records show that it could be an early
migrant. Early dates of arrival for this species include an individual at
Spooner's Cove Campground in Montana de Oro State Park on 3 Mar 1993 and two
at Cerro Alto Campground in the Santa Lucia Mountains on 4 Mar 1986.

It would be great if we all posted SLOCo arrival dates of spring migrants to
the list. You can check the status and distributional bird list "The Birds
of San Luis Obispo County California" that is published by Morro Coast
Audubon to find out when migrants typically arrive. Regards......Tom

Tom Edell
Cayucos, Ca
tedell@aol.com