Topics

Oso Flaco Birds

Liam&Kilian Hampl

We went to Oso Flaco to see if we could find the Black Tern, and around 5:20 P.M., we spotted it in a flock of swallows. We watched it for about 35 minutes until we saw a Virginia Rail. The rail was foraging in the reeds on the second part of the lake, and nearby was one of two Sora that we saw. We also saw the leucistic Barn Swallow, mixed in with Tree, Violet-green, Cliff, and Barn Swallows. It got scared off by the other swallows and flew to the other side of the lake. Right when we were leaving, a group of 15 phalaropes flew in. There were 13 Wilson's Phalarope and 2 or 3 Red/Red-necked Phalaropes.

Liam and Kilian Hampl,
Grover Beach

Wes Fritz

Hi SLOCO birders,

The Black Tern continues at Oso Flaco, it was seen at 8:20 this morning.

Happy antisocial birding!

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
wes-fritz@...