Oso Flaco

Thomas Slater

Well, since I was supposed to lead a walk with MBWBF today on MLK day, but it was all cancelled, I figured I go and see.

Expected species present, but unexpectedly there was a male and female Hooded Merganser within close proximity to the boardwalk. Beautiful.

Oddly, the big surf, high tide, and undoubtedly the tsunami surges did a number on the beach. Super steep, and the river now goes in a straight line to the ocean. No meandering creek or estuary. In 10 years I haven't seen it like that. I didn't even recognize it.

To all of the organizers for the MBWBF, thank you for all your hard work and commitment. So sorry it all fell apart. You still racked up some bird karma points so expect to have a great 2022!

Bird on, and thank you MLK Jr. for your dream, we're all better for it.

Tom Slater
Nipomo

--
Tom Slater