Topics

old friend returns Scrub Jay

njmann90

Today I have immature male and female Black-headedGrosbeak as well as molting fledgling Dark-eyed Juncos.  A female Hooded Oriole is feeding a begging fledgling on the jelly feeder. Best of all my One Foot is back after a prolonged absence. One foot is a California Jay hatched last year without a left foot first seen 23 Sept. 2019 and last seen 13 March 2020 (at the same time a Cooper's Hawk was stalking the feeders.) One foot made it back and is in heavy molt!

NJM by SLO Vet's Hall

--
Nancy Jean Mann
San Luis Obispo

"A duck a day!!!!"  William Henry "Hank" Deveraux, Jr.'

“On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”  H.L. Mencken

'I've seen so much stupid in my years that I can't remember all of it,'  2014 James Turner

.