Morro Bay Field Trip Results

Mike Stiles

I received this and thought I'd pass it along.
Mike Stiles

A group from Santa Cruz County led by Clay Kempf found the following
interesting (well interesting to me!) birds in and around Morro Bay
over the
last weekend

Morro Rock
Pelagic Cormorant - possibly nesting
Canyon Wren
Rock Wren
Peregrine Falcon

Morro Bay
2 Eurasian Wigeon - seen off Sweet Springs
Glaucous-winged Gull - seen at the Marina
Greater Scaup (4) - in Marina by campgrounds

We spent Saturday in and around Morro bay and then travelled up Highway
58
to Carrizo Plain

on Highway 58 we had
Greater Roadrunner
Golden Eagle
Red-Breasted Sapsucker (3)
Ferruginous Hawk
California Thrasher

At Carrizo Plains Nature Center
Mountain Bluebird (2) just prior to center
Vesper Sparrow (in saltbush by center)
California Thrasher
Burrowing Owl (in field on right hand side of driveway up to Nature
Center)

On dirt road (Seven Mile Road?) back over to Highway 58
Sage Thrasher
Sage Sparrow
Vesper Sparrow - by water tank c. halfway down raod
Barn Owl (in hole on side of canyon just on junction to Highway 58)

Finally approx halfway down BitterWater Rd (?) to Highway 46
Praire Falcon

Andy Stone