Topics

Montana de Oro birds

Jim Royer

I briefly checked the Islay Creek campground at about 8:30 this morning and had a singing immature Summer Tanager around campsites 35 and 50, a male Lawrence's Goldfinch in the back loop, and a Northern Harrier fly-by. At Coon Creek I had 2 Ash-throated Flycatchers near the first riparian habitat next to the trail, a male MacGillivray’s Warbler just past the first bridge and a  calling Willow Flycatcher a little farther up the trail. A Raven in Bishop Pine snags on the slope seemed a unusual for the location. There was a good variety of birds (almost 50 species) and many butterflies.

Jim Royer
Los Osos