Topics

Los Osos American Redstart photo

Jim Royer

This is the ebird link for a photo of how the American Redstart looks now. Having seen a 7/15/20 photo posted on ebird  by Derek Lecy, I believe it is the same bird. Let me know if you disagree.

Jim Royer
Los Osos

Derek Lecy

Hi Jim,

Nice looking bird. I took the photo of the American Redstart back on 7/15 and while I can't say I am very familiar with AMRE molt, it appears this bird is the same SY male I photographed back in July, having just completed Second Prebasic Molt. Given the consistency of the precise geographic location as well, I think it's highly likely we photographed the same individual. Thanks for sharing your photo, it's nice to see the bird with tail feathers again!

Regards,

Derek Lecy
San Rafael, CA