Location, location!

Kaaren Perry

For many SLOCo birders seeing a California Thrasher is fun, interesting, cool looking and basically no big deal.  It is commonly seen in many places throughout the county. For me, when one shows up in our yard it is a BIG DEAL! 😊

This afternoon a California Thrasher made only the second appearance in our yard in the 13 years we have lived here in Morro Bay. The first one was seen on January 7, 2018 and the second one, this afternoon, July 31, 2022!  Yard birds are fun!!!

Horrible through the window, into afternoon sun photo on my ebird list.  Just had to put in there for the record!

Kaaren Perry
Morro Bay