Location, location!

Kaaren Perry

When might a Savannah Sparrow be considered a rare bird in SLO County?  Well, I have a thought.   I never have had Savannah Sparrow on my yard list of hopefuls.  They are commonly found in grassland and marshy areas and yet this morning one made a quick pass through our small residential yard, moving through with a single Oak Titmouse. This was definitely considered by me to  be a "rare" bird and added one more species to my yard list of 158…. Savannah Sparrow # 159!!  Definitely took me by surprise.  Yard birds are FUN!

A through the window photo, now up on flickr.

Kaaren Perry