Topics

Lesser Yellowlegs - Turri Ponds

Kaaren Perry

This morning a juvenile Lesser Yellowlegs was moving with 3 Greater Yellowlegs around the edges of the first pond.  I always appreciate the chance to compare size, bill length and shape when they are seen together.   Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs photo up on flickr.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaarenp/    Also present were at least 28 Red-necked Phalaropes in various stages of molt. Several hundred peeps in the larger pond but I did not take the time to sort through them all.

Since my last visit, Whale Rock Reservoir has added a few more duck species.  Soon more and more species will be arriving for the winter.
Both an adult and immature Bald Eagle were flew over the reservoir.

Kaaren Perry
Morro Bay